Code of Conduct for Managers
Code of Conduct for Managers
The Managers Code of Conduct - linking wellbeing with performance
This workshop is devoted to the behaviours that result in commitment, trust and engagement between managers and employees, and a method of change that involves the preparation and implementation of a Managers Code of Conduct.
Organisations are controlled communities, normally controlled by managers. They play an essential and pivotal role in the success or failure of any business or service.
Managers can be the main cause of stress at work through their weakness in managing people and solving routine daily problems that involve people management.
The ripple effect of weak management can be dire for any organisation, leading to excess costs attributable to under performing employees.
- The threats, and their impact, to wellbeing and performance.
- The psychology of managing people
- The cultural beliefs and values of successful organisations and their employees.
- The behaviours required to implement a culture of wellbeing and performance
- The behaviours required to manage people by building commitment, trust and engagement
- The behaviours required to be resilient against stress creating events.
- Building your own Managers Code
- Change – using a Code to manage change
- Measuring the changes in wellbeing and performance - your return on investment.
Outcome from this seminar:
Developing and implementing Management Codes of Conduct results in:
- A context and culture in which staff thrive
- Improved management behaviour generating commitment and trust
- Increased employee engagement
- Reduced costs from absence, staff turnover and presenteeism
Participants will be provided with all the tools and information to build a Manager’s Code of Conduct suitable for implementation in their own organisation.
- 1 hour - raising awareness programme
- One day – raising awareness with taster practical exercises, techniques and approaches
- Two day – for those embarking on the implementation of The Manager’s Code of Conduct, with practical guidance on each step relevant to local circumstances
- Mentoring – practical guidance and support for organisations implementing The Manager’s Code of Conduct
For further information about creating your own Management Codes and to discuss running this programme in your organisation, please request more details here or call Barbara Leigh on 01242 241882.
Other in-house courses related to this programme
Sending your request. Please wait...
Thanks for subscribing to or email Newsletter,
we hope you will find them informative.
Dont forget you can unsubscribe at any time.
There was a problem sending your email detail. Please try again.
Please enter a valid email before sending.
Safety and Health Expo
Excel 20- 22 June
20 June - Derek taking part in panel debate on Challenges of lone working
22nd June - Derek keynote speaker on:
Preventing stress and strengthening the resilience of the lone worker
NHS Foundation Trust Rotherham Doncaster and South Humber
Nursing into the future - learning and preparing
30th June 2017
Derek speaking on Psychological Responsibility
NHS Wales - Workforce transformation workshop
16 March 2017
Derek speaking on psychological wellbeing and performance
Health and Wellbeing Exhibition
7/8 March 2017