What Makes A Good Leader
What Makes a Good Leader ?
What Makes a Good Leader ?
A good leader takes the lead. A good leader has personality, courage, clear vision with ambition to succeed. A good leader encourages the team to perform to their optimum all the time and drives organisational success.
The MAS Code for Ethical Leadership
Click here to download the MAS Code for Ethical Leadership from our Article Library.
Go to our Video Library to see Professor Mowbray's videos about What Makes a Good Leader? and Adaptive Leadership versus Transformational Leadership.
What are the attributes and traits of a good leader?
- A good leader has the ability of the ethical person to shine through to leadership
- A good leader has the ability to demonstrate the skills, knowledge and experience to undertake the tasks expected from him/her, both in terms of the job that is required to be completed, but with respect to his/her contribution the wider organisation
- A good leader adopts a leadership style that lends itself to ethical considerations, for example transformational and adaptive styles – both of which engage followers in the decision making processes
- A good leader has the motivation to prevent harm to anyone
- A good leader ensures a safe place of work for staff
- A good leader has respect for the law and regulations
- A good leader maintains and develops skills, knowledge and experience in themselves and others
- A good leader is objective, fair and reasonable
- A good leader takes responsibility for his own as well as others actions
- A good leader acts with conviction
- A good leader provides clear direction
- A good leader communicates effectively
- A good leader discharges of a Duty of Care to customers, clients and staff
Leadership Development Programme
Our Leadership Development Programme focuses on the approaches to leadership that build strong relationships between leaders and followers, based on wellbeing and performance.
Related MAS publications
Call us now on 01242 241882 for further information and to discuss Leadership Development Programmes within your organisationor email us
Sending your request. Please wait...
Thanks for subscribing to or email Newsletter,
we hope you will find them informative.
Dont forget you can unsubscribe at any time.
There was a problem sending your email detail. Please try again.
Please enter a valid email before sending.
Safety and Health Expo
Excel 20- 22 June
20 June - Derek taking part in panel debate on Challenges of lone working
22nd June - Derek keynote speaker on:
Preventing stress and strengthening the resilience of the lone worker
NHS Foundation Trust Rotherham Doncaster and South Humber
Nursing into the future - learning and preparing
30th June 2017
Derek speaking on Psychological Responsibility
NHS Wales - Workforce transformation workshop
16 March 2017
Derek speaking on psychological wellbeing and performance
Health and Wellbeing Exhibition
7/8 March 2017